Friday, September 2, 2011

Recipes for the Hardest Part of the Day

Alright, today I'm going to bring you a few recipes. My goal with this post is to give you some fresh and easy ideas for one of the hardest parts of the "Paleo" day for me: Breakfast.

I love eggs, so most days I grab a few hard-boiled eggs on the way out the door, a sandwich bag full of veggies, a spoonful of nut butter, and call it a meal. But then other days, I wake up, stumble to the kitchen, fix my morning shot of caffeine, open up the fridge, and stare. And stare. And stare. Though the egg carton is sitting there, right in front of me, just like every other day, something inside me flips. Not today, I tell myself. Today I REFUSE to eat eggs.

Which leaves me in a predicament, really. See, I'm American. If I don't have eggs for breakfast, my only other options are grits, oatmeal, yogurt, hashbrowns, pancakes, biscuits........it only gets worse, right? Wrong! There are tons of breakfast options for us, we've just gotta start thinking outside the box.

So here are a few ideas for breakfast that I've gathered. Most of them do include eggs (because eggs really are AWESOME - just not if you're limited to one way of fixing them).

-A New Spin On Cereal
-Breakfast Casserole (the possibilities are endless with what you decide to include in your casserole - various ground meats, peppers, spinach, mushrooms, onions, peeled and shredded turnips-taste just like hashbrowns, coconut milk-for fluffiness, various spices...be creative!)
-Paleo Coconut Waffles
-Machacado Con Huevos
-Sweet Potato Hash
-Egg Cupcakes
-Paleo Apple Muffins
-Breakfast Paleo Pizza

Most if not all of the above can be prepared the night or weekend before so that they become a quick to-go option each morning for breakfast. If you're still teetering on the edge of "Paleo is too hard and/or too expensive" check this article out. No more excuses...this is TOTALLY do-able. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment